Crypto regulations and how to market in the Age of the SEC
Undeniably technology’s evolution pace is light years ahead of regulatory frameworks. The regulation of the token economy is one of the most conflictive tasks within the ICO ecosystem. The financial and logistic burdens of creating a compliant, publicly-traded security are high for most companies, let alone startups on the blockchain. Therefore, if you want to launch and ICO or STO that is also available to American consumers, it has to clearly pass the Howey Test. Regulations in the European Union also closely mirror the Howey Test’s guidelines. We will give a global view of regulation, how different countries approach the issue and in what ways investors are protected against bad practices. Crypto draws upon several existing areas of law, the most obvious that it applies to is securities law. Issues such as defining what an investment is and what is not an investment. Also, issues like soliciting outside investors, private round, how to handle it, and where to register the offering. Learn about banking regulatory structures like anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC).
The Master: Gordon Einstein
Gordon is a hybrid Crypto-Attorney, Technologist, and Enterprise Strategist. He is the Managing Partner at CryptoLaw Partners. As an avid computer and programming hobbyist, in 2012 Gordon was intrigued by Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the related technologies. By 2014, he was providing legal services to several individuals and companies operating in this space. And by 2016 the majority of Gordon’s law practice involved working with crypto, blockchain and FinTech startups and funds. This was formalized as CryptoLaw Partners in 2017.
Benefits and impact
- Become a certified BECON Blockchain professional
- Get on the fast track and achieve an insider knowledge base on how best to design your tokenomics
- Decide the ventures you want to get involved with on a personal or corporate level by understanding the latest developments
- Understand how Blockchain will impact your professional environment through automation, disintermediation and completely new processes
- Leverage your knowledge and understanding about the blockchain and its application by using the expertise of the Masters
- Work with best-in-class technology, blockchain professionals